Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Is the best, most yummiest thing I have ever had.  Well I have had a lot of yummy things, but this goes right up there.  So rich and gooey, and when you throw some whip cream on there, it really completes it.  It makes a bunch, so I brought some to work and everyone loved it.  Everyone wants recipes so I thought I would share it on here as well.  This is addicting, I am forewarning you now!

 Pumpkin Dump Cake (I can not take credit for this, I found it here at cookies and cups )

Usually when I make dump cake I just take a can of cherry pie filling, then throw some pineapple chunks on top and then top that with a bag of cake mix and some butter.  But my new go to is this pumpkin dump cake.  It is by no means low-fat, and it does not go with my eating healthy regimen, but I made it before I vowed to eat healthy.  So now I can just dream about it, until Thanksgiving comes!


Ingredients
  • 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
  • 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers or pecans ( I used honey graham crackers)
  • 1/2 cup toffee bits (optional)  (I used some heathbar crunch bites I had.  It was yummy!)

So you mix the pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice together.  Then dump it in a greased 9x13 pan.  Top it with the cake mix (don't make the cake mix, just open the bag and dump it on top).  Then cover it with the graham crackers or pecans, whichever you choose.  Then whatever else you want to top it with.  then pour the melted butter all over it.  (told you it wasn't low fat!).  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.  Make sure it isn't giggly!  Top it with whip cream or ice cream.  I then topped my whip cream with some cinnamon and sugar.  Its good warm or cold.  Below are pictures I took.

So doesn't that look delish?  Pictures were fixed up by picnic.  Love that site!

Until next time!


*Allie 





1 comment:

  1. this looks so good!!!!
    I'm so gonna make it this week.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...